Wednesday, October 29, 2008

2008- About US - BRENNEN

HERE he Is... unique, brilliant, pure boy, pure soul, loves life and learning

Mr. Bren





I was watching him today as he walked with his class outside for an assembly on the grass. (I happened to be helping at school today at the same time). He yelled, "MOM!" and waved, and looked back at me and smiled about 3 more times. All I could think is "man, I love that kid."
He is very very smart. He is also in the weird-noisy-jumping-pounding-pouting-finding-his-way 7 year old boy stages. I miss my quiet, pondering, loving little guy from Pre-school. But he's still in there, just more independent. He is actually pretty dang funny, and cracks himself up as much as the rest of us. He's a pretty good dancer too... got a few awesome moves.


Brennen came home from school the other day having won the monthly "Fun & Excitement" student award. His teacher nominated him saying: "Brennen comes to school ready to learn and loves to do it. He is always excited about what he is learning and has fun coming up with new ways to learn." They gave him a certificate, pin, and took his picture. He was so excited he told his Dad about it 2 or 3 days in a row, like it was all brand new again.

Both his school teacher and church teacher have told me recently that they really enjoy having him in class. His church teacher said, "I just love him, he is such a great kid."

Brennen reads very well - and loves doing Math. I am grateful he is not bored in 1st grade, and totally digs into whatever they are learning. He is very particular about doing his best in his handwriting, and coding words, etc.

Brennen played T-ball and Soccer this year. He is one of the tallest on both of his teams. He has great coordination, and totally enjoys being part of a team, hangin out with all his Buds.


His 7th Birthday was last week... he asked for a skateboard. Thanks to cousin Rob, Brennen has the coolest, Bruce Lee / Kung Fu throw back skateboard in the whole town.
He is growing up SOOO fast.


It is bittersweet...

All I have to say is I hope my Heavenly Father gives me this big theatre room when I die - one that has eternal/virtual reality options- so I can go back in time and watch, see, hear, feel and remember what my children were like in each stage of their lives. : )

No comments: